You’ve been going and going, and doing and doing, for about the past month.
Work feels like it has been getting more and more busy – and you could have sworn it would have been slowing down by now!
And… it’s already November (yikes!!).
You know you’ve got some things you’d like to accomplish before the end of the year; and at the same time, it feels like you can barely keep your head above the water!
Before you just “jump” into next week – we’d encourage you to take a step back and take a little “you” time to think and plan!
So, here are some thoughts:
- Block your calendar
Look at next week and schedule an hour that you are committed to not scheduling over.
- During that time, think about the following questions
- Where are you now? What is your current situation?
- Where do you want to go from here? What do you want to accomplish by the end of 2017?
- How do you get from where you are today to where you want to be come January?
- Which team member was key in your team’s success this year? What are you going to do about it, and how can you continue to leverage that person’s strengths?
- What are the known risks or obstacles you will face?
- Plan for the next step!
Maybe you need to go to your boss to ask for some additional bandwidth.
Or you need to sit down with a key team member, celebrate their successes, and talk about the next 8 weeks.
Or maybe you need to plan for your “thinking” time each week so that you have the space to accomplish what you need to!
It may be November, but you’ve still got two months to rock out some awesome projects!
You’ve got this!