So, do you have your 3 words you want to use to describe yourself this year?
If you’re curious about what we’re talking about, check out last week’s post here.
What we know is that having a goal (these three words) is awesome – and to actually make things happen, we need some actions we can commit to.
Ready to start?
Step 1: Look at your calendar and pick a time each month (for an hour) that you can block to take the time to reflect on YOU
- Strive for consistency, such as the last Friday or the first day of each month
- Send yourself a re-occurring invite for that time each month through December
Step 2: Take each of your three words and ask yourself, what is one thing I can do between now and the next reflection time to start to see progress?
Step 3: WRITE IT DOWN. Put it somewhere you’ll see so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle of life!
Need some places to start?
- Maybe you want to hit new goals this year …
- Define one of those and talk to your Manager about it in your next 1×1
- Or you want to finish a 10k …
- Decide on the month you want to race and choose which race you want to do (AND maybe even register for it!)
- Or maybe you want to start an herb garden …
- Take some time to choose a couple of herbs you want to start with
Then, when you have your blocked time next month, ask yourself some questions about these words. For example:
- How am I seeing change in these areas?
- What more can I do?
- Who do I need to talk to in order to make that happen?
- What is the next step or thing I can do before next month?
Excited for YOU in 2017?
Be sure to share your words with us. We’d love to know!