In two days, we will officially enter 2017!
Here at Coaching Right Now we are all focused on personal development – asking ourselves the question, “How can I be better than I currently am?”
We come from the philosophy that we are all ALWAYS learning, growing, and changing. And that regardless of where we are in our lives, we can all continue to learn and grow.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be looking at different ways we can commit to growing over the next year.
Ready? We sure are!
We wish you a safe and fabulous New Year’s celebration. Let’s make 2017 amazing!
Somehow it is already mid-December — WOW!
These next few weeks are exciting and stressful as they are filled with days off, celebrations, times with family and friends, AND hitting all those year-end deliverables!
This afternoon, let’s plan the rest of the year. Where to start?
Try working through some of the questions below:
- What days are you off of work? Who is covering for you (and did you ask/tell them yet)?
- What are the big projects you need to complete by the end of 2016 (or even early 2017)?
- What progress HAS to be made now to be successful?
- What resources are you planning on leveraging to make this project successful? How much do they know about this project? Engage them now, while they’re still in the office!
- Break your work into small, manageable chunks – give yourself something to celebrate at the end of each day, knowing you’re getting even closer to completion of the goal!
By taking the time to plan out the next two weeks, you may save yourself the stress of wondering how you’ll get everything done!
That way, you may ACTUALLY be able to relax and enjoy your time off.
YOU deserve it!
Each day we knock out is one day closer to the end of the year!
You know, as well as your team, that there is a lot to get done this time of year. Not to mention the uncommonly large number of personal festivities we all have going on!
One suggestion that rings true throughout the year, but especially during the holidays, is to stay transparent with your team on expectations and deadlines..
You want your team to have a great time with their friends and family AND you want to maintain their fabulous performance! Transparency will help.
What does that mean?
Think about what expectations you hold for your team. These could be things like:
- Having v2 of product development complete by December 31st
- Continuing to provide the same level of customer satisfaction your brand is known for
- Holding a strategy meeting to look into what you can do differently in the first few months of 2017
- Making sure your team actually takes a couple of days off to avoid burnout
In your next 1×1 or team meeting, share what you want to see happen over the next few weeks.
By openly discussing your expectations and timelines envisioned (or promised!), you’ll avoid hearsay and allow your team the opportunity to ask questions to help further clarify what you need from them (and how you can help them knock it out of the park!).
Try it out and let us know how it goes!
Welcome to December, 2016- I can’t believe we’ve made it!
As your team has their last big push to the end of the year, we’d encourage you to celebrate them and what they’ve done this year!
You know, as well as we do, that choosing to honor your team and let them know they are seen is a great way to encourage morale as the “season of personal distractions” is upon us!
Need some tips on where to start?
- Have a celebratory lunch where you highlight the biggest accomplishments you guys hit this year
- Think about each team member and how you’ve seen them change or grow. In your next 1×1 (or team meeting) share with them what you’ve noticed
- Leave an encouraging note on each of your team members desks with something that your proud of them for
You may think some of these are cheesy and, yet, choosing to say to your team, “I see you, I know you’ve been working hard” can be more impactful than you might think!
So, try it out and let us know what you do to celebrate your team!