You’ve got a new position added to your team – yes!
Now you’ve got the challenge of finding the just-right person to fill the role.
Historically, interview questions center around how the candidate has the best skills for the job or what they think sets them apart from all the other candidates.
But how can you be sure they have these skills?
Try interviewing FIRST for character, personality, and culture fit for your organization!
Ready to try it? Here are some behavior-based questions to get your juices flowing:
- Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself. How did you go about ensuring that you would meet your objective?
- If you could choose to have any superpower – what would it be?
- We are sometimes confronted with the dilemma of having to choose between what is right and what is best for the company. Can you please give me an example of a situation in which you faced this dilemma and how you handled it?
- Walk me through a time you were able to be creative with your work.
- Tell me about a situation in which you have had to adjust to changes over which you had no control. How did you handle it?
- What does your best day ever look like?
- Give me an example of a time you discovered an error that been overlooked by a colleague. What did you do? What was the outcome?
- We’ve all done things that we regretted. Can you give me an example that falls into this category for you? How would you handle it differently today?
Try some of these out and let us know how they go!
We’d also love to hear some of your best interviewing questions!