Over the past week and a half, we have seen a unique collision of the childhood of Millennials with the digital age of 2016.
Pokémon Go, the app based off of the Nintendo videogame, has had over 7.5 million downloads in the U.S. alone since it’s release at the beginning of July!
This app has taken the video game that was popular when Millennials were in elementary school, combined it with augmented reality, and created the “next big thing”.
What is amazing about this game is that it encourages you to go out, explore your surroundings, “catch ‘em all”, and even pay attention to your fellow Pokémon players!
As cheesy as it may seem, there is no denying how creating a cause or game unites families, friends, teams, and even strangers.
So, as your team may be taking their lunch break to walk around the city and try to find Charizard or Mewtwo (yes… those really are some Pokémon names) think about what you can create or do to unite your team.
Need some ideas?
- Create a “pep- week” with days when you dress like a co-worker or have the most crazy socks
- Maybe the winner gets a gift card to Starbucks
- Create a sweepstakes to win 2 tickets to a local baseball game
- And, you get to enter when you complete a project or do something to support a team member
- Have a spontaneous team lunch
- Choose to surprise your team with a long lunch
- Sign up for an relay or cause to do together
Let us know what you and your team do!