We’ve been pretty serious lately – and we need a little laugh! This week, we bring you the “official” dictionary of email phrases.
We all know that there is etiquette in email writing (especially because there is a paper trail of everything you say!)
So, how do you drive action and still sound kind? And, how do you sound polite while trying to hide your frustration?
As a purely virtual company, this art is something we’re VERY good at!
So, the next time you receive an email with one of these, hopefully, you have a little chuckle added back into your day!
- “Please Advise”- I’m pretty sure what you just said was a bit off base – so please explain or tell me how to fix this
- “I can’t remember if I asked you to do this”- I seem to remember asking you twice for this, but now it’s in writing!
- “Hey, I just wanted to double check on… “- Where is that thing you promised I’d have by now?
- “I can’t quite seem to find the email you sent”- I’m feel like this email wasn’t really sent OR I need to call Tech to fix my email – both not good!
- “I wanted to make sure we were on the same page”- I’m nervous one of us isn’t going to do this right
What’s “that phrase” in your work place? What does it really mean?