I can’t believe we have already made it to Labor day! Labor Day unofficially marks the end of summer and is the half way point between the 4th of July and Thanksgiving. Time is flying!
This holiday was created to celebrate American workers and to give them a break. I don’t know about you, but many times Labor Day feels so uneventful. We grill, maybe go to a parade or watch some fireworks, and then start back in the work grind on Tuesday.
Instead of the same old, same old – want to spice up this Labor Day? We’ve got some ideas:
- Go on a hike or bike ride. The weather will begin to cool off soon (unless you live in always-lovely San Diego) so take this chance to do one final thing outside.
- Trek to a baseball game. Soon (next week!) the NFL season will begin and baseball will be a faint memory (unless your team makes it to the play offs). Take this chance to go see one last game!
- Have some fun food! Traditionally on Labor Day we grill and have hotdogs and burgers. Try spicing it up with DIY pizza when everyone gets to make their own, or a clambake, or even try some new food or restaurant you’ve never had!
- Head to a Festival. Lots of towns are starting to put on festivals or concerts in honor of Labor Day. Search around your area to find one to try out!
- Host an old fashioned-game night. We love to spend time with family and friends on Labor Day. So, invite everyone over for something a little different and play those games that have been sitting in your closet for the last year (…or two). And, treat yourself to an old fashioned drink, too!
We’ll let you know what we do and we’d love to hear what you ended up doing!