I’m not sure how it is for you but for me, just before I go outside, I have this anticipation that when I step out the door it will be… Warm and sunny and I’ll hear the birds chirping and see flowers getting ready to bloom…
But, then I step outside and see old snow that has been frozen and partially thawed and then refrozen again. And, boy does that make it feel like life is monotonous (will winter ever END?!).
During this time of the year, it’s easy for work to feel tiresome, too. There’s a lot of hype and excitement at the beginning of the new year about company and personal goals – but a couple of months in, we can so easily fall back into old rhythm.
This week, we’ve got a couple of tips on how to break out of the day-to-day mundane:
- Reflect back on the year:
- Take 5 minutes to look at everything you have already accomplished this year! Surprising right? Sometimes we get so caught up in what we have to do that we forget to look at what we’ve already done.
- Think about your week:
- Choose one goal to accomplish for the week and one way your going to celebrate once you’ve done it. There’s no harm in celebrating all the hard work you are doing!
- Think about the people you work around:
- Choose one person who you want to have a meaningful conversation with this week. Moving from focusing on yourself to thinking about others is a great way to add a little more purpose to your day.
Try these tips out! Have any suggestions on other ways you break out of the mundane?